For competent and cost-effective pump maintenance you can rely on Fluid Pumps. With our skilled site engineers and in-house support team we able to offer an all-inclusive maintenance / service agreement for your pumping stations, pumps, electrical control panels, level controls and valves.
Servicing checks carried out
The pump(s) will be removed from the pump chamber and if water is available on site the pump, pipes, valves and ancillary equipment will be washed down before further checks are carried out.
- Check the pump impeller is rotating freely and remove any debris which may be trapped within the pump casing and check for wear.
- Renew mechanical seal chamber oil (if required).
- Clean and examine the electrical power cable to the pump motor.
- Check and record test readings on all electrical equipment.
- Check that any isolating or non-return valves in the installation are free from blockages and are operating correctly.
- Check operation of pump control liquid level switches and examine cables for damage.
- Check the operation of the pump control panel (if fitted) and ensure that all electrical connections are tight and free from corrosion.
- Check operation of high level alarm system (if fitted).
- Re-check the pump(s) and test the systems are running on ‘Manual’ & ‘Auto’ operation.
- Check the running currents of the pump(s), ensuring that they are within the manufacturers recommended limits.
- Ensure that electrical overload switches are at correct settings and the panel is in full working order.
- Leave equipment on ‘Auto’ control and advise site contact of any faults or additional work requirements not covered in the service.
What we offer
- Maintenance / Service contracts at agreed intervals
- Emergency repairs and support
- Experienced & skilled mobile service team
- Extensive workshop and trained engineers
- In depth reports and service history log
What are the benefits?
- Regular servicing extends the operational life of pumping stations
- Reduced running costs including energy and maintenance
- Reduced risk of breakdown with its resultant problems and inconvenience
- Equipment is maintained to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Improved environmental conditions
As well as in depth knowledge our engineers have confined space training and all necessary lifting and safety equipment to ensure we are suitably equipped for every job.
In addition, the company has employers liability to £10,000,000 and public liability to £5,000,000.
Please call us on 01977 661711 for a no obligation quote and to discuss your requirements.
See an example of one of our service contracts
Visually check kiosk and manhole covers for general condition
Isolate power in control panel
Remove pump number one for service.
Checking for blockages and wear of the pump unit.
Check condition of the oil in the seal housing.
Float level switches cleaned and tested for correct operation.
Ensure that all electrical connections are tight and free from corrosion.
Check the running currents of the pump(s), ensuring that they are within the manufacturers recommended limits.
Visually inspect condition of sump
Visually check state of the pipework, valves, guide rails, pump lifting chains etc
Remove pump number two for service (if twin pump station).